OILS * PASTELS * FIGURATIVE * LANDSCAPES * NUDES * FLORALS



My photo
Burpengary, Queensland, Australia
For as long as I can remember, I have always loved art... I often get asked 'what inspires me?' When I was growing up...we made our own fun. We didn't go on expensive holidays or theme parks, our holidays were spent camping or we would rent an old 'beach' house and play on the muddy tidal flats, pumping yabbies for fishing. As a family we would go for Sunday drives....we might go for a bush walk, search under logs for 'critters', picnic in the middle of 'no where', or go for a cool swim in a rock pool in the mountains. When I first started painting, I mainly painted the beautiful places that my husband and I tavelled to on our many camping journerys. Now that I have my 2 beautiful girls...I am sharing the beauty of the outdoors with them, and they now feature quite often in my artwork. I have been told by many people, that my artwork brings back childhood memories for them, and I hope that my artwork reminds you of a special memory too.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Figurative Artists Directory


I've been lucky to have my artwork featured on 'Figurative Artists'.    Figurativeartist.org, is a directory of fine artists and fine craftsmen with a focus on the human in art. Paula O'Brien has done such a terrific job of setting up this site of talented international artists.
Please check out the 'youtube' slideshow that Paula has created for 'Figurative Artists'.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d31StZYwT9Y

2 comments:

  1. Hi again Amanda!... Always a pleasure to drop by and discover yet another painting triumph!

    This beach scene is such a fine composition... chocked full of action... movement... colour and light. One feels that one is watching right on site.

    Your blend of realism and a painterly style carries the piece beyond the usual technical virtuosity... at the risk of boredom that often accompanies paintings of the photo realism genre.

    Bravo and Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing to say....thanks so much Bruce.
    Sometimes you go through days where the 'creative' thing just isn't happening, but when I get such positive feedback like yours, it gives me the encouragment, and the 'get up and go' to keep on going.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
COPYRIGHT AMANDA RUSSIAN. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
NO PART OF THIS SITE MAYBE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT.

Blog Flux

Art blogs & blog posts

AustralianPlanet