OILS * PASTELS * FIGURATIVE * LANDSCAPES * NUDES * FLORALS



My photo
Burpengary, Queensland, Australia
For as long as I can remember, I have always loved art... I often get asked 'what inspires me?' When I was growing up...we made our own fun. We didn't go on expensive holidays or theme parks, our holidays were spent camping or we would rent an old 'beach' house and play on the muddy tidal flats, pumping yabbies for fishing. As a family we would go for Sunday drives....we might go for a bush walk, search under logs for 'critters', picnic in the middle of 'no where', or go for a cool swim in a rock pool in the mountains. When I first started painting, I mainly painted the beautiful places that my husband and I tavelled to on our many camping journerys. Now that I have my 2 beautiful girls...I am sharing the beauty of the outdoors with them, and they now feature quite often in my artwork. I have been told by many people, that my artwork brings back childhood memories for them, and I hope that my artwork reminds you of a special memory too.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

'Childscapes' - Children in the Landscape

The Catch, Oil on canvas, 96 X 76cm
This will be my first solo exhibition of Oil and Pastel paintings all with the one theme of 'Children in the Landscape'. It will be held at the Pine Rivers Art Gallery, 7/199 Gympie Rd, Strathpine, from 26th August to 3rd October. This exhibition has been supported by the 'Regional Arts Development Fund', which is a joint Queensland Government and Moreton Bay Regional Council partnership of local arts & culture.

3 comments:

  1. first time I visited your blog. I love your paintings of children and the wonderful quality of light that you have. Every detail beautifully painted - must take a long time to finish each one. Good luck with the exhibition and hope you sell lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolann....I enjoy what I paint, & I also am thrilled that people like what I paint. They do take me a while...a small painting will take me around a week (I have 2 young girls and unfortunatly I have to fit in a bit of housework..yuk!)
    I spent sometime looking at your blog...makes me want to start up 'life drawing' again.
    Thanks for the encouragement & feedback..

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are thrilled to have secured your wonderful piece 'The Catch' and having the opportunity to see you at work first hand this afternoon. We trust that with the recognition you are enjoying (including the many awards you have received in recent years), will see you continuing with your clear love of creating 'childscapes' for many years to come - the fact that you are self taught is a real credit to you - well done to you and best wishes Amanda.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
COPYRIGHT AMANDA RUSSIAN. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
NO PART OF THIS SITE MAYBE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT.

Blog Flux

Art blogs & blog posts

AustralianPlanet